1. You must first learn to pronounce the city name, it is: "FEE-NICKS".
There are other names to learn such as Ahwatukee (Ah-wa-Too-Kee)
but that will be included in the advanced course.
2. The morning rush hour is from 5:00 am to noon.
The evening rush hour is from noon to 7:00 pm.
Friday's rush hour starts on Thursday morning.
3. The minimum acceptable speed on most freeways is 85 mph.
On Loop 101, your speed is expected to at least match the highway number.
Anything less is considered "Wussy".
4. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere.
Phoenix has its own version of traffic rules.
cars/trucks with the loudest muffler go first at a four-way stop;
the trucks with the biggest tires go second.
However, East Valley, SUV-driving, cell phone-talking moms ALWAYS have the right of way.
5. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear ended, cussed out, and possibly shot.
6. Never honk at anyone. Ever. Seriously.
It's another offense that can get you shot.
7. Road construction is permanent and continuous in Phoenix.
Detour barrels are moved around for your
during the middle of the night to make the next day's driving a bit more exciting.
8. Watch carefully for road hazards such as drunks,
illegal aliens standing in the way,
skunks, dogs, barrels, cones, cows, horses, cats, mattresses,
shredded tires, squirrels, rabbits, crows, vultures,
and the coyotes feeding on any of these items.
9. Maricopa Freeway, Papago Freeway and the "I-10" are the same road.
SR202 is the same road as The Red Mountain FWY.
Dunlap and Olive are the same street too.
Jefferson becomes Washington, but they are not the same street.
SR 101 is also the Pima FWY except west of I-17,
which is also The Black Canyon FWY, and The Veterans Memorial HWY.
Lastly, Thunderbird Rd. becomes Cactus Rd. but, Cactus Rd. doesn't become Thunderbird Rd.
because it dead ends at a mountain.
10. If someone actually has their turn signal on,
wave them to the shoulder immediately to let them know it has been "accidentally activated."
11. If you are in the left lane and only driving 70 in a 55-65 mph zone,
you are considered a road hazard and will be "flipped off" accordingly.
If you return the flip, you'll be shot!
12. For summer driving, it is advisable to wear potholders on your hands.
If you have a problem with these tips it is advisable to
seek mental help
for your suicidal tendencies.
Have A Nice Day
Welcome To Phoenix!!!